If you have a lot of summer parties, then try this great Sangria recipe. It’s quite popular and you may even find you need to make a double batch of this delicious wine.
Preparation Time: Five minutes
Time to Finish: Five minutes
- One bottle of a red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Rioja, Merlot, Shiraz or Zinfandel
- One whole orange sliced into sections
- One whole lemon sliced into sections
- Dash of some lemonade or orange juice
- One whole lime sliced into sections
- A full cup of fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries
- One little can of diced up pineapples packed in juice
- Four cups of ginger ale
- Two shots of gin or triple sec, if desired
Getting it ready:
Decant your chosen red win into the decanter, then take the fruit and squeeze out the juice into the container. Throw in the rest of the fruit pieces after you take out any seeds. Add in the pineapples, sugar, orange juice and gin. Place into the refrigerator to chill until morning. If you are in a hurry, you can use red wine that is already cold and serve over lots of crushed ice. Just remember, sangrias taste even better if they have been chilled for about 24 hours, as this lets all the flavours blend together just right.